Translation of Surah Qaf in 40+ Languages
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Azerbaijani by Vasim Mammadaliyev and Ziya Bunyadov
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Amharic by Muhammed Sadiq and Muhammed Sani Habib
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Arabic by King Fahad Quran Complex
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Arabic by Jalal ad-Din al-Mahalli and Jalal ad-Din as-Suyuti
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Azerbaijani by Alikhan Musayev
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Bosnian by Mustafa Mlivo
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Bosnian by Besim Korkut
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Bengali by Muhiuddin Khan
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Bengali by Zohurul Hoque
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Bulgarian by Tzvetan Theophanov
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Amazigh by Ramdane At Mansour
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Czech by A. R. Nykl
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Czech by Preklad I. Hrbek
- Translation of Surah Qaf in German by Amir Zaidan
- Translation of Surah Qaf in German by Adel Theodor Khoury
- Translation of Surah Qaf in German by A. S. F. Bubenheim and N. Elyas
- Translation of Surah Qaf in German by Abu Rida Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Rassoul
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Divehi by Office of the President of Maldives
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Spanish by Muhammad Isa García
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Mohammed Marmaduke William Pickthall
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Ali Quli Qarai
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Hasan al-Fatih Qaribullah and Ahmad Darwish
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Saheeh International
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Muhammad Sarwar
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Mohammad Habib Shakir
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by English Transliteration
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Abdullah Yusuf Ali
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by A. J. Arberry
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Spanish by Julio Cortes
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Spanish by Raúl González Bórnez
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Ahmed Ali
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Ahmed Raza Khan
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Abdul Majid Daryabadi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din al-Hilali and Muhammad Muhsin Khan
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Talal Itani
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Abul Ala Maududi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in English by Wahiduddin Khan
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Hussain Ansarian
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Naser Makarem Shirazi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in French by Muhammad Hamidullah
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by AbdolMohammad Ayati
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Abolfazl Bahrampour
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Mostafa Khorramdel
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Baha'oddin Khorramshahi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Mohammad Sadeqi Tehrani
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Mohammad Mahdi Fooladvand
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Sayyed Jalaloddin Mojtabavi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Mohammad Kazem Moezzi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Persian by Mahdi Elahi Ghomshei
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Hindi by Muhammad Farooq Khan and Muhammad Ahmed
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Hausa by Abubakar Mahmoud Gumi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Hindi by Suhel Farooq Khan and Saifur Rahman Nadwi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Indonesian by Jalal ad-Din al-Mahalli and Jalal ad-Din as-Suyuti
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Indonesian by Muhammad Quraish Shihab et al.
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Indonesian by Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Italian by Hamza Roberto Piccardo
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Japanese by Unknown
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Korean by Unknown
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Kurdish by Burhan Muhammad-Amin
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Malayalam by Cheriyamundam Abdul Hameed and Kunhi Mohammed Parappoor
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Malay by Abdullah Muhammad Basmeih
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Malayalam by Muhammad Karakunnu and Vanidas Elayavoor
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Dutch by Fred Leemhuis
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Dutch by Sofian S. Siregar
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Norwegian by Einar Berg
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Dutch by Salomo Keyzer
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Portuguese by Samir El-Hayek
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Polish by Józefa Bielawskiego
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Elmir Kuliev
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Gordy Semyonovich Sablukov
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by V. Porokhova
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Magomed-Nuri Osmanovich Osmanov
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Romanian by George Grigore
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Abu Adel
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Elmir Kuliev (with Abd ar-Rahman as-Saadi's commentaries)
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Ministry of Awqaf, Egypt
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Russian by Ignaty Yulianovich Krachkovsky
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Swedish by Knut Bernström
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Somali by Mahmud Muhammad Abduh
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Sindhi by Taj Mehmood Amroti
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Albanian by Sherif Ahmeti
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Albanian by Feti Mehdiu
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Albanian by Hasan Efendi Nahi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Swahili by Ali Muhsin Al-Barwani
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Suat Yildirim
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Abdulbaki Golpinarli
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Diyanet Isleri
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Muhammet Abay
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Alİ Bulaç
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Tajik by AbdolMohammad Ayati
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Yasar Nuri Ozturk
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Tamil by Jan Turst Foundation
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Elmalili Hamdi Yazir
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Tatar by Yakub Ibn Nugman
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Edip Yüksel
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Thai by King Fahad Quran Complex
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Diyanet Vakfi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Turkish by Suleyman Ates
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Uzbek by Muhammad Sodik Muhammad Yusuf
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Ahmed Ali
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Fateh Muhammad Jalandhry
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Tahir ul Qadri
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Syed Zeeshan Haider Jawadi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Muhammad Junagarhi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Ayatollah Muhammad Hussain Najafi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Uyghur by Muhammad Saleh
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Ahmed Raza Khan
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Urdu by Abul A'ala Maududi
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Chinese by Ma Jian
- Translation of Surah Qaf in Chinese by Ma Jian (Traditional)
Translation and Transliteration of Surah Qaf
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ق ۚ وَالْقُرْآنِ الْمَجِيدِ ١
Qaf waalqurani almajeedi
Qaf. By the honored Qur'an...
بَلْ عَجِبُوا أَنْ جَاءَهُمْ مُنْذِرٌ مِنْهُمْ فَقَالَ الْكَافِرُونَ هَٰذَا شَيْءٌ عَجِيبٌ ٢
Bal AAajiboo an jaahum munthirun minhum faqala alkafiroona hatha shayon AAajeebun
But they wonder that there has come to them a warner from among themselves, and the disbelievers say, "This is an amazing thing.
أَإِذَا مِتْنَا وَكُنَّا تُرَابًا ۖ ذَٰلِكَ رَجْعٌ بَعِيدٌ ٣
Aitha mitna wakunna turaban thalika rajAAun baAAeedun
When we have died and have become dust, [we will return to life]? That is a distant return."
قَدْ عَلِمْنَا مَا تَنْقُصُ الْأَرْضُ مِنْهُمْ ۖ وَعِنْدَنَا كِتَابٌ حَفِيظٌ ٤
Qad AAalimna ma tanqusu alardu minhum waAAindana kitabun hafeethun
We know what the earth diminishes of them, and with Us is a retaining record.
بَلْ كَذَّبُوا بِالْحَقِّ لَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ فَهُمْ فِي أَمْرٍ مَرِيجٍ ٥
Bal kaththaboo bialhaqqi lamma jaahum fahum fee amrin mareejin
But they denied the truth when it came to them, so they are in a confused condition.
أَفَلَمْ يَنْظُرُوا إِلَى السَّمَاءِ فَوْقَهُمْ كَيْفَ بَنَيْنَاهَا وَزَيَّنَّاهَا وَمَا لَهَا مِنْ فُرُوجٍ ٦
Afalam yanthuroo ila alssamai fawqahum kayfa banaynaha wazayyannaha wama laha min furoojin
Have they not looked at the heaven above them - how We structured it and adorned it and [how] it has no rifts?
وَالْأَرْضَ مَدَدْنَاهَا وَأَلْقَيْنَا فِيهَا رَوَاسِيَ وَأَنْبَتْنَا فِيهَا مِنْ كُلِّ زَوْجٍ بَهِيجٍ ٧
Waalarda madadnaha waalqayna feeha rawasiya waanbatna feeha min kulli zawjin baheejin
And the earth - We spread it out and cast therein firmly set mountains and made grow therein [something] of every beautiful kind,
تَبْصِرَةً وَذِكْرَىٰ لِكُلِّ عَبْدٍ مُنِيبٍ ٨
Tabsiratan wathikra likulli AAabdin muneebin
Giving insight and a reminder for every servant who turns [to Allah].
وَنَزَّلْنَا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً مُبَارَكًا فَأَنْبَتْنَا بِهِ جَنَّاتٍ وَحَبَّ الْحَصِيدِ ٩
Wanazzalna mina alssamai maan mubarakan faanbatna bihi jannatin wahabba alhaseedi
And We have sent down blessed rain from the sky and made grow thereby gardens and grain from the harvest
وَالنَّخْلَ بَاسِقَاتٍ لَهَا طَلْعٌ نَضِيدٌ ١٠
Waalnnakhla basiqatin laha talAAun nadeedun
And lofty palm trees having fruit arranged in layers -
رِزْقًا لِلْعِبَادِ ۖ وَأَحْيَيْنَا بِهِ بَلْدَةً مَيْتًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ الْخُرُوجُ ١١
Rizqan lilAAibadi waahyayna bihi baldatan maytan kathalika alkhurooju
As provision for the servants, and We have given life thereby to a dead land. Thus is the resurrection.
كَذَّبَتْ قَبْلَهُمْ قَوْمُ نُوحٍ وَأَصْحَابُ الرَّسِّ وَثَمُودُ ١٢
Kaththabat qablahum qawmu noohin waashabu alrrassi wathamoodu
The people of Noah denied before them, and the companions of the well and Thamud
وَعَادٌ وَفِرْعَوْنُ وَإِخْوَانُ لُوطٍ ١٣
WaAAadun wafirAAawnu waikhwanu lootin
And 'Aad and Pharaoh and the brothers of Lot
وَأَصْحَابُ الْأَيْكَةِ وَقَوْمُ تُبَّعٍ ۚ كُلٌّ كَذَّبَ الرُّسُلَ فَحَقَّ وَعِيدِ ١٤
Waashabu alaykati waqawmu tubbaAAin kullun kaththaba alrrusula fahaqqa waAAeedi
And the companions of the thicket and the people of Tubba'. All denied the messengers, so My threat was justly fulfilled.
أَفَعَيِينَا بِالْخَلْقِ الْأَوَّلِ ۚ بَلْ هُمْ فِي لَبْسٍ مِنْ خَلْقٍ جَدِيدٍ ١٥
AfaAAayeena bialkhalqi alawwali bal hum fee labsin min khalqin jadeedin
Did We fail in the first creation? But they are in confusion over a new creation.
وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ ١٦
Walaqad khalaqna alinsana wanaAAlamu ma tuwaswisu bihi nafsuhu wanahnu aqrabu ilayhi min habli alwareedi
And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein
إِذْ يَتَلَقَّى الْمُتَلَقِّيَانِ عَنِ الْيَمِينِ وَعَنِ الشِّمَالِ قَعِيدٌ ١٧
Ith yatalaqqa almutalaqqiyani AAani alyameeni waAAani alshshimali qaAAeedun
When the two receivers receive, seated on the right and on the left.
مَا يَلْفِظُ مِنْ قَوْلٍ إِلَّا لَدَيْهِ رَقِيبٌ عَتِيدٌ ١٨
Ma yalfithu min qawlin illa ladayhi raqeebun AAateedun
Man does not utter any word except that with him is an observer prepared [to record].
وَجَاءَتْ سَكْرَةُ الْمَوْتِ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ مَا كُنْتَ مِنْهُ تَحِيدُ ١٩
Wajaat sakratu almawti bialhaqqi thalika ma kunta minhu taheedu
And the intoxication of death will bring the truth; that is what you were trying to avoid.
وَنُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ الْوَعِيدِ ٢٠
Wanufikha fee alssoori thalika yawmu alwaAAeedi
And the Horn will be blown. That is the Day of [carrying out] the threat.
وَجَاءَتْ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَعَهَا سَائِقٌ وَشَهِيدٌ ٢١
Wajaat kullu nafsin maAAaha saiqun washaheedun
And every soul will come, with it a driver and a witness.
لَقَدْ كُنْتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِنْ هَٰذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنْكَ غِطَاءَكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ ٢٢
Laqad kunta fee ghaflatin min hatha fakashafna AAanka ghitaaka fabasaruka alyawma hadeedun
[It will be said], "You were certainly in unmindfulness of this, and We have removed from you your cover, so your sight, this Day, is sharp."
وَقَالَ قَرِينُهُ هَٰذَا مَا لَدَيَّ عَتِيدٌ ٢٣
Waqala qareenuhu hatha ma ladayya AAateedun
And his companion, [the angel], will say, "This [record] is what is with me, prepared."
أَلْقِيَا فِي جَهَنَّمَ كُلَّ كَفَّارٍ عَنِيدٍ ٢٤
Alqiya fee jahannama kulla kaffarin AAaneedin
[Allah will say], "Throw into Hell every obstinate disbeliever,
مَنَّاعٍ لِلْخَيْرِ مُعْتَدٍ مُرِيبٍ ٢٥
MannaAAin lilkhayri muAAtadin mureebin
Preventer of good, aggressor, and doubter,
الَّذِي جَعَلَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَٰهًا آخَرَ فَأَلْقِيَاهُ فِي الْعَذَابِ الشَّدِيدِ ٢٦
Allathee jaAAala maAAa Allahi ilahan akhara faalqiyahu fee alAAathabi alshshadeedi
Who made [as equal] with Allah another deity; then throw him into the severe punishment."
قَالَ قَرِينُهُ رَبَّنَا مَا أَطْغَيْتُهُ وَلَٰكِنْ كَانَ فِي ضَلَالٍ بَعِيدٍ ٢٧
Qala qareenuhu rabbana ma atghaytuhu walakin kana fee dalalin baAAeedin
His [devil] companion will say, "Our Lord, I did not make him transgress, but he [himself] was in extreme error."
قَالَ لَا تَخْتَصِمُوا لَدَيَّ وَقَدْ قَدَّمْتُ إِلَيْكُمْ بِالْوَعِيدِ ٢٨
Qala la takhtasimoo ladayya waqad qaddamtu ilaykum bialwaAAeedi
[Allah] will say, "Do not dispute before Me, while I had already presented to you the warning.
مَا يُبَدَّلُ الْقَوْلُ لَدَيَّ وَمَا أَنَا بِظَلَّامٍ لِلْعَبِيدِ ٢٩
Ma yubaddalu alqawlu ladayya wama ana bithallamin lilAAabeedi
The word will not be changed with Me, and never will I be unjust to the servants."
يَوْمَ نَقُولُ لِجَهَنَّمَ هَلِ امْتَلَأْتِ وَتَقُولُ هَلْ مِنْ مَزِيدٍ ٣٠
Yawma naqoolu lijahannama hali imtalati wataqoolu hal min mazeedin
On the Day We will say to Hell, "Have you been filled?" and it will say, "Are there some more,"
وَأُزْلِفَتِ الْجَنَّةُ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ غَيْرَ بَعِيدٍ ٣١
Waozlifati aljannatu lilmuttaqeena ghayra baAAeedin
And Paradise will be brought near to the righteous, not far,
هَٰذَا مَا تُوعَدُونَ لِكُلِّ أَوَّابٍ حَفِيظٍ ٣٢
Hatha ma tooAAadoona likulli awwabin hafeethin
[It will be said], "This is what you were promised - for every returner [to Allah] and keeper [of His covenant]
مَنْ خَشِيَ الرَّحْمَٰنَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَجَاءَ بِقَلْبٍ مُنِيبٍ ٣٣
Man khashiya alrrahmana bialghaybi wajaa biqalbin muneebin
Who feared the Most Merciful unseen and came with a heart returning [in repentance].
ادْخُلُوهَا بِسَلَامٍ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ الْخُلُودِ ٣٤
Odkhulooha bisalamin thalika yawmu alkhuloodi
Enter it in peace. This is the Day of Eternity."
لَهُمْ مَا يَشَاءُونَ فِيهَا وَلَدَيْنَا مَزِيدٌ ٣٥
Lahum ma yashaoona feeha waladayna mazeedun
They will have whatever they wish therein, and with Us is more.
وَكَمْ أَهْلَكْنَا قَبْلَهُمْ مِنْ قَرْنٍ هُمْ أَشَدُّ مِنْهُمْ بَطْشًا فَنَقَّبُوا فِي الْبِلَادِ هَلْ مِنْ مَحِيصٍ ٣٦
Wakam ahlakna qablahum min qarnin hum ashaddu minhum batshan fanaqqaboo fee albiladi hal min maheesin
And how many a generation before them did We destroy who were greater than them in [striking] power and had explored throughout the lands. Is there any place of escape?
إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَذِكْرَىٰ لِمَنْ كَانَ لَهُ قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلْقَى السَّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيدٌ ٣٧
Inna fee thalika lathikra liman kana lahu qalbun aw alqa alssamAAa wahuwa shaheedun
Indeed in that is a reminder for whoever has a heart or who listens while he is present [in mind].
وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ وَمَا مَسَّنَا مِنْ لُغُوبٍ ٣٨
Walaqad khalaqna alssamawati waalarda wama baynahuma fee sittati ayyamin wama massana min lughoobin
And We did certainly create the heavens and earth and what is between them in six days, and there touched Us no weariness.
فَاصْبِرْ عَلَىٰ مَا يَقُولُونَ وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ قَبْلَ طُلُوعِ الشَّمْسِ وَقَبْلَ الْغُرُوبِ ٣٩
Faisbir AAala ma yaqooloona wasabbih bihamdi rabbika qabla tulooAAi alshshamsi waqabla alghuroobi
So be patient, [O Muhammad], over what they say and exalt [Allah] with praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before its setting,
وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَسَبِّحْهُ وَأَدْبَارَ السُّجُودِ ٤٠
Wamina allayli fasabbihhu waadbara alssujoodi
And [in part] of the night exalt Him and after prostration.
وَاسْتَمِعْ يَوْمَ يُنَادِ الْمُنَادِ مِنْ مَكَانٍ قَرِيبٍ ٤١
WaistamiAA yawma yunadi almunadi min makanin qareebin
And listen on the Day when the Caller will call out from a place that is near -
يَوْمَ يَسْمَعُونَ الصَّيْحَةَ بِالْحَقِّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ الْخُرُوجِ ٤٢
Yawma yasmaAAoona alssayhata bialhaqqi thalika yawmu alkhurooji
The Day they will hear the blast [of the Horn] in truth. That is the Day of Emergence [from the graves].
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي وَنُمِيتُ وَإِلَيْنَا الْمَصِيرُ ٤٣
Inna nahnu nuhyee wanumeetu wailayna almaseeru
Indeed, it is We who give life and cause death, and to Us is the destination
يَوْمَ تَشَقَّقُ الْأَرْضُ عَنْهُمْ سِرَاعًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ حَشْرٌ عَلَيْنَا يَسِيرٌ ٤٤
Yawma tashaqqaqu alardu AAanhum siraAAan thalika hashrun AAalayna yaseerun
On the Day the earth breaks away from them [and they emerge] rapidly; that is a gathering easy for Us.
نَحْنُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا يَقُولُونَ ۖ وَمَا أَنْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ بِجَبَّارٍ ۖ فَذَكِّرْ بِالْقُرْآنِ مَنْ يَخَافُ وَعِيدِ ٤٥
Nahnu aAAlamu bima yaqooloona wama anta AAalayhim bijabbarin fathakkir bialqurani man yakhafu waAAeedi
We are most knowing of what they say, and you are not over them a tyrant. But remind by the Qur'an whoever fears My threat.
Surah Qaf. The 50th Surah of the Quran with 45 ayah.
Surah Qaf ( سورة ق ) is the 50th Surah of the Quran. It consists of 45 ayah and its categorized in Meccan .
The translation of the Qurʻan into modern languages has always been a difficult issue in Islamic theology. Because Muslims revere the Qurʻan as miraculous and inimitable (iʻjaz al-Qurʻan), they argue that the Qurʻanic text should not be isolated from its true form to another language or written form, at least not without keeping the Arabic text with it. Furthermore, an Arabic word, like a Hebrew or Aramaic word, may have a range of meanings depending on the context – a feature present in all Semitic languages, when compared to English, Latin, and Romance languages – making an accurate translation even more difficult
According to Islamic theology, the Qurʻan is a revelation very specifically in Arabic, and so it should only be recited in Quranic Arabic. Translations into other languages are necessarily the work of humans and so, according to Muslims, no longer possess the uniquely sacred character of the Arabic original. .
The task of translation of the Qurʻan is not an easy one; some native Arab speakers will confirm that some Qurʻanic passages are difficult to understand even in the original Arabic script. A part of this is the innate difficulty of any translation; in Arabic, as in other languages, a single word can have a variety of meanings. There is always an element of human judgement involved in understanding and translating a text. This factor is made more complex by the fact that the usage of words has changed a great deal between classical and modern Arabic. As a result, even Qurʻanic verses which seem perfectly clear to native Arab speakers accustomed to modern vocabulary and usage may not represent the original meaning of the verse.
The original meaning of a Qurʻanic passage will also be dependent on the historical circumstances of the prophet Muhammad's life and early community in which it originated. Investigating that context usually requires a detailed knowledge of hadith and sirah, which are themselves vast and complex texts. This introduces an additional element of uncertainty which cannot be eliminated by any linguistic rules of translation.